Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Peru

Dave and I went to Peru to hike the historic Inca Trail 26 miles to Machu Picchu. We had a great time, went with 3 other couples (and no kids!) Here are four pictures from our trip. We took hundreds...

This was one of our campsites. It was breathtaking. We (8 of us) had 2 guides and a support crew who cooked and portered our tents. It was luxury camping with great food. You can see our kitchen tent in the background.

A beautiful vista along the path...

Dave and I near the Sun Gate looking at Machu Picchu. We started hiking at 3am in the dark to make it to this point before the sunrise hit the city. We made it!

Dave and I climbed Waynu Picchu the next day. This is a shot of us on the top looking down on the other side of the city.
There are so many more great pictures.... we had a blast!

No comments: